Friday, August 8, 2008

Back to school plans

Maybe you've finished your back to school shopping and your kids are already going to soccer practice--but do you have a plan to tackle that first early morning wakeup? In my sister-in-law's neighborhood, families get up early on Saturday the week before school starts for a pot-luck breakfast. It's fun for parents and a great way to get the kids used to the idea of waking up earlier.

Breakfast was always a priority when I was growing up. Dad would fry eggs while mom got us dressed and ready. Now that I have kids of my own, I realize just what a monumental task that was. One way to make breakfast fun again is to let the kids make bagel critters by decorating their bagels with cream cheese, crunchy noodles, sliced olives and vegetables (from Family Fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment