Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A little rain can't get in the way

I went to a play date at Gilbert Lake State Park today. YES it was overcast and yes, it started to rain an hour and a half later BUT the kids had a truly wonderful time. My four year old asked to go to Gilbert Lake again tomorrow, in fact. When it did rain, it was so light that we just headed over to the playground.

Said @HanfordMills (on twitter): "...I used to postpone outings because it looked like rain, then realized I would never go anywhere if I did that."

Interestingly, one of the moms I was visiting with grew up in Alaska. As she put it, if you let the weather keep you home in Alaska, you really, truly, will never do anything.

My new motto: a 50% chance of rain is a 50% chance of sun (or at the least, no rain).

No comments:

Post a Comment