Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunny weather and the last Science Saturday

The last Science Saturday of 2009 was fun. I found myself making bracelets (some of the beads glow in the dark, others change color in sunlight) with two sisters who haven't missed a single Science Saturday. And they've done each and every craft project that was offered. They were excited to learn that Hugh Gallagher of the Science Discovery Center is going to keep some of the left over craft materials at the center, so the fun can continue over the summer.

Attendance was low. Not sure if it was just the beautiful weather or a little swine flu mania. I know the workshops were originally booked (who could pass up The Chemistry of Fireworks).

Now on to the Ice Cream Social. This may be our biggest event ever, thanks to some very generous sponsorship by The Daily Star. Be in Wilber Park Sunday June 7th from 1-5 pm (in case of rain, we'll be in the Hunt Student Union, SUNY Oneonta campus).

I almost forgot--our monthly meeting is Tuesday at 7pm... must look at the minutes. I'm sure I had some assignments....

No comments:

Post a Comment