Saturday, May 30, 2009

PVC pipe playset


May I present what I think is technically our second actual 'exhibit'! A PVC pipe building play set. Many thanks to Kris at the Oneonta Home Depot for all the great pvc materials! Lowes is also contributing to the project (I'll know to ask for more of the little connecting pieces.) I must mention http://blog.orselli.net/ (Exibitricks) for sharing the great advice and ideas with us. And enough can't be said for The Daily Star, who is generously sponsoring the ice cream social next Sunday, June 7th (1-5pm in Oneonta's Wilber Park). All the ice cream you could want, all for free, plus family friendly entertainment: The Utica Zoomobile, The Farmer's Museum (children's games), entertainment throughtout the day by various local groups, storytelling, remote control aircraft... I could go on.
I also need to thank my husband, Tom Pondolfino, for doing all the cutting and sanding. The only problem with the playset? It's a little hard to get the pvc pipe stuck into the mat, but then, it needs to stay stuck so no way around that. And my son decided that he wants one of his own!!!









2 comments:

  1. Good Job! this is a great idea, i'm surprised a large pvc manufacturer hasn't called you yet. I'm currently building a crib for my special needs child out of pvc and not enough people supply unmarked sched 40 pvc, in fact i have to remove all the markings on the pipe with solvent. Maybe I'll start a pvc manufacturing plant strictly for building structures and furniture in a wide variety of colors and finishes. wouldn't that be great. Anyway just wanted to say nice work on this, you should contact a pvc manufacturer and market this.

    Chron

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great to have various colors of pvc pipe available! Good luck with your project :)

    ReplyDelete