Saturday, March 7, 2009

Review of the planetarium and Galileo shows

From one enthusiastic attendee:

"Last night my four-year old son Aaron and I attended the Science Discovery Center of Oneonta's presentation "Night Lights" at the SUNY-Oneonta planetarium, followed by "an Evening with Galileo" at the Goodrich theater. I will start by saying "if you ever get a chance to attend a show at the planetarium jump on it!" It is a top notch facility, and the presentation is stellar. Aaron's eyes popped out when his favorite planets came to life over his head. The show lasted about a half an hour (just right for my pre-schooler). An Evening with Galileo starring Mark Thompson was great, but slightly over Aaron's head which lead to him saying "daddy, I'm ready to go now" half way though it. Over all it was a super night out with my little man, and the shows sparked an hour of great conversation and many interesting questions. Thanks go out to Hugh and all the of the Science Discovery Center team for a delightful night of entertainment.

Tom Pondolfino

No comments:

Post a Comment